Just found on WordPress: a very good summary to get things clear, to avoid misunderstandings, myths and polemics. Here are the main points:
– Evolution is not a theory that explains the origin of the universe, that field of study is referred to as Cosmology, and it is [… ] not covered by Charles Darwin’s „The Origin of Species“.
– Evolution is not a theory that describes the first origination of life on this planet. This field of study is called Abiogenesis.
– Evolution [theory] is not inherently atheistic, the theory describes nothing regarding the existence of God, it is a scientific theory confining itself to prediction and observation of the natural world.
– The theory does not say, „humans came from monkeys“. The theory shows clear evidence supporting the hypothesis that at some point 6 Million years ago, humans, the great apes and primates diverged from a common ancestor.
– Evolutionary theory is […] not a religion, a believe system, a faith or any other ambiguous religious term …
Update, December 11, 2014
As ist seems, the link above is no longer available.