This is weird:
Here’s a short, but remarkable list of all “events”, (atmospheric, underground, underwater), subdivided by countries. It has been published by the Swiss Seismological Service:
Soviet Union: 718
United Kingdom: 45
North Korea: 1
Unknown: 1 (!)
For each country, lists with detailed information are available here.
Just found on WordPress: a very good summary to get things clear, to avoid misunderstandings, myths and polemics. Here are the main points:
– Evolution is not a theory that explains the origin of the universe, that field of study is referred to as Cosmology, and it is [… ] not covered by Charles Darwin’s “The Origin of Species”.
– Evolution is not a theory that describes the first origination of life on this planet. This field of study is called Abiogenesis.
– Evolution [theory] is not inherently atheistic, the theory describes nothing regarding the existence of God, it is a scientific theory confining itself to prediction and observation of the natural world.
– The theory does not say, “humans came from monkeys”. The theory shows clear evidence supporting the hypothesis that at some point 6 Million years ago, humans, the great apes and primates diverged from a common ancestor.
– Evolutionary theory is […] not a religion, a believe system, a faith or any other ambiguous religious term …
Update, December 11, 2014
As ist seems, the link above is no longer available.
According to NASA, the so called “Solar Cycle 23” has ended. Till now, I have no clue what NASA is really talking about but I got curious. Maybe, I’ll check that out later on, who knows? For now, let’s just take a look at the graph, OK?